Loire Valley Castles Tour
Guided excursion of the Loire Valley Castles
Enjoy a full day excursion to visit the stunning castles of the Loire Valley. From the 15th & 18th century, the Loire Valley was the 'playground' for the royals. Discover a region with an abundance of medieval, classical & renaissance castles, gothic churches and last but not least, its vineyards! Lunch in a typical restaurant can be included.
The Loire Valley Castles tour takes in the 3 most spectacular castles:
:: Chenonceau Castle; built on the River Cher is one of the Loire Valley's most beautiful chateaux, known as the 'Chateau des Dames', it owes most of its charm to women. Built by Katherine Bri onnet in 1513, the chateau was further beautified by Diane de Poitiers & Catherine de Medici.
:: Chambord Castle; one of the most famous chateaux in France, Chambord Castle is surrounded by Europe's largest enclosed forest park. 2000 workers worked for 20 years to complete the largest castle in the Loire Valley, building began in the early 16C.
:: Amboise Castle; built in 15C & 16C, the royal castle of Amboise was the first in France to reflect the Italian Renaissance style. Book now!
Loire Valley Castles Tour
- All year round
- Duration approx. 12 hours, daily at 06.10
- Paris hotel pick up & return
- English speaking Chauffeur Guide
- Generally a minimum of 4 passengers is required
- Entrances included
- Children under 4 - no charge
- Adult incl lunch 220 euros, Child (4-10) 180 euros
- Adult excl lunch 195 euros, Child (4-10) 160 euros
All tour details/prices are for pick ups in the Paris area. Duration, prices and pick up times will change for other locations. Types of payment accepted:
| :: Contact Us!|
Paris Connection SARL
France: 01 60 70 81 12
Overseas: +33 1 60 70 81 12
| :: Customer Reviews|
"Just a quick note to say how much we enjoyed the guided tour of the Loire valley castles. Our tour guide was very informative & interesting - he had us entertained for the full day!. Thank you for all your help & suggestions, we will be sure to contact you next time we are in Paris" .
| :: Chenonceau Chateau|
- Chenonceau Chateau built on the River Cher is the one of the Loire Valley's most beautiful chateaux. Known as the 'Chateau des Dames', the ladies' castle, it owes a large part of its charm to women.
- Built in 1513 by Katherine Bri onnet, embellished by Diane de Poitiers & Catherine de M dicis, and saved from the French Revolution by Mrs Dupin.
- Chenonceau is not only remarkable for its architecture and history but also for the fine quality of its collections.
Extract from Chenonceau Chateau official website.